Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine

Recently (read yesterday) I went out with my lovely wife for a night on the town. The night began with food and then realizing that we were late for our movie. This made us stop in at a bar (MoJo's Lounge...affixed the cup of joe in the mall) where we experienced a great happy hour and some of the OSU NCAA basketball game (they lost...another blog, another time). We each had two drinks (rum/coke, 2 whisky/ginger ale, Guinness) and were ready to leave (so we wouldn't be late for the new showtime), but alas, the barkeep friend we had made the week before gave us a free beer (joy/sadness). That beer didn't last long (devoured). [note the overuse of parentheses] We hurried into the theater, found our seats, and still had at least two previews left. By the way, why do movies have so many previews in 2010? I realized this trend back in 2002 during a trip to Puerto Rico (15 previews and commercials...I shit you not). But what is the explanation?

Finally it was time for Hot Tub Time Machine. But only after being told not to ruin the movie by adding our own soundtrack. What the fuck? I can't laugh now? Fucking movies. Anyway, the movie begins in several hilarious ways (showing each of our heroes lives) and we learn a little about each of them. Then they take a trip and we learn of the hot tub. Keep in mind that I was already DYING of laughter before this part of the film. I can't explain the jokes, but if you enjoy raunchy, irreverent humor, then this film has your name ALL OVER IT!

The film has plenty of dialogue, gags, and running jokes to keep you cracking up. I highly recommend you take some time and watch Hot Tub Time Machine. I give it 5/5. Or maybe 4.5/5. I should check Lougle and see what RottenTomatoes.com gave it...(inside joke)

No comments: